Thursday, May 22, 2008

My first blog...

Hey guys,

I am starting a blog to keep all of my friends and family updated on my adventures during my 27 month stay (starting June 8th) in Burkina Faso as a Peace Corps volunteer. The program is called Girls Education and Empowerment, and basically I will be working with the community to help more kids (especially girls) into the schools there. I will also be doing after-school programs with the schools...like AIDS awareness or sports clubs. I don't really know exactly what I'll be doing or how I will do it, but I have 3 months of training to learn.
I probably won't have electricity or internet while I'm in Burkina Faso, so I will only be able to update occasionally when I stop in a city at an internet cafe.
That's all I have now. The next time I write I should be in Africa....weird.

4 comments:

Lauri said...

We'll be anxiously awaiting your posts.

Jayne said...

hi um can we be blogger bff? okay good.

McKenna Grace said...

Saw Liz's blog- you're right, she has great stories. What a great person to welcome you.

-McKenna

connie said...

Hey Steven,
So glad to hear things are going soooo great! Sounds like you are right where you're supposed to be. McKenna has made sure that we are kept up to date with photos and experiences, and that has been awesome. You look like you are thouroughly enjoying yourself. Jeff said "Hi." (Man of few words) Since this is already 10 times longer than everyone else's posts, I guess I should stop. Thanks for your note about the screw....funny stuff. Live Well.
Connie